Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Young and Christian


You were born to live in such a way that you don’t need a tombstone, the reason why we need tombstones is because people live such mediocrity in their lives that if they died, we would never know that they were here. “ – Dr. Myles Munroe-

I am young and free
But I am not irresponsible
I am responsible for my response ability
And my responsibility is to preach the gospel.

I am young and sensible
Rational and reasonable
That’s the reason I put faith above reason
And Jesus above my every decision.
If love is an offence, then I am already in prison
I am a prisoner of love, of hope, of success
I am chained to holiness and righteousness

I am young and teachable
My room for learning is expandable
But unlike the expendables, I am not expendable
The world cannot do without me, I am so valuable
My rising is inevitable, my victories notable
I know this is surprising but my uprising is unstoppable
The “me and Jesus” combo is invincible
No weapon formed against me can prosper, I am unhurtable
Forget the Indian caste system, but where the devil is concerned I am untouchable.

I am young and vigilant, but I am not a vigilante
I am not doing mathematics so the devil is not a factor
In fact, I am the devil’s worst nightmare
I am here to harass him, torture him, humiliate him and terrorize him
I will be to him what Bin laden was to bush
Not beating about the bush
I will hush him with my praying
And smash him with my giving
And then lash him with my soul-wining

I am young and I am a leader
I don’t need to tweet for you follow
I am a Superman yea, but I am not a man of tomorrow
My leading starts today
I am young and active
I am not about to retire my mind anytime soon
So I don’t need a pension scheme
I am young and bold, Shining like bald
Like white chalk on a black board, I can’t be ignored

I am young and above all I am a Christian
I am not a student who is a Christian
I am Christian who happens to be a student
Grades don’t define me, failure doesn’t defy me
I know who I am: I am a Superman
Like Frank Edwards: a Superstar number one
I am young and beautiful, oh yea
I am not just a pretty boy, I am preacher boy
A prosperity preacher boy
Don’t mind my swag, I count it as dung
And don’t mind my language, I can also speak in tongues

There is no death in my path, nothing dies in my hands
I am so going to live and empty my life
And like Dr Myles Munroe, I will not need a tombstone
To prove that I was here
I will leave a print in this world, as if my life was a foot
I will not live like I never came,

I am young and a Christian is my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment